Outdoor furniture can be
expensive for several reasons. The materials used to make the furniture, such as aluminium, teak, or synthetic
wicker, can be more expensive than cheaper alternatives like plastic or particleboard. Outdoor furniture is also
built to withstand the elements, so it needs to be made with sturdy construction and high-quality materials, which
can drive up the price.
The furniture brand, customization options, and shipping costs can also contribute to the overall cost. Also, some types of outdoor furniture may require more maintenance, which can add to the overall cost of ownership. Ultimately, the cost of outdoor furniture will depend on your budget and the features and materials you choose.
Factors That Can Contribute To the Cost of Outdoor Furniture
The material of outdoor furniture plays a big role in its cost. Some materials are more expensive than others due to their durability, natural beauty, or weather-resistant properties. For example, teak is a popular choice for outdoor furniture due to its durability and natural resistance to rot and insects. But it can be more expensive than other materials like plastic or metal.
On the other hand, plastic furniture is generally less expensive but may not be as durable or long-lasting as other materials.
The size of outdoor furniture can also affect cost. Larger pieces like sofas and sectionals are more expensive than smaller pieces like chairs and tables. This is because they require more materials and labour to manufacture.
Outdoor furniture with added features like comfortable cushions or reclining mechanisms will typically cost more than
basic pieces. This is because these features add to the overall cost of materials and labour.
Look at this Art Wicker Outdoor Section One Arm Sofa for optimum comfort.
Outdoor furniture with added features like built-in storage or fire pits will also be more expensive. These features add to the overall cost of the furniture, both in terms of materials and labour.
The cost of outdoor furniture can vary depending on where you purchase it. High-end retailers and designer brands typically have higher prices than discount stores or online retailers. This is because these retailers often have higher overhead costs and can charge more for their products.
The outdoor furniture brand can also affect its cost. Some brands are known for their high-quality, durable products and charge a premium price. These brands often use high-end materials and construction techniques, which can add to the overall cost of the furniture.
This can also add to the cost if you want to customize your outdoor furniture, such as choosing a specific fabric or finish. Customization options can vary by retailer, so ask about any additional charges before making a purchase.
If you purchase your outdoor furniture online or from a retailer not located near you, you may need to pay for shipping. This can add to the overall cost of your furniture, so be sure to factor it in when budgeting.
Depending on where you live, you may need to pay sales tax on your outdoor furniture purchase. This can vary by state or country, so check your area's tax rate before purchasing.
Some types of outdoor furniture may require more maintenance than others. For example, wood furniture may need to be sealed or treated periodically to protect it from the elements, which can add to the overall cost of ownership.
Ultimately, the cost of outdoor furniture will depend on your budget and the features and materials you choose. It's important to consider your needs and choose comfortable, durable pieces that fit your style.
Related Reading: Furnish your small outdoor space.
Finding the Perfect, Cheap, and Affordable Outdoor Furniture
Many affordable outdoor furniture options are available in different stylish and functional options.
Here are a few ideas for finding the perfect, cheap, and affordable furniture:
- Look for sales and discounts: Keep an eye out for sales and discounts at your favourite retailers or online stores. You may find great deals on outdoor furniture during clearance events or end-of-season sales.
- Consider alternative materials: Plastic and metal are generally less expensive than wood and other natural materials. Look for furniture made from these materials, which can be just as durable and stylish as more expensive options.
- Look for used or vintage furniture: Consider purchasing used or vintage outdoor furniture to save money. You may find unique, one-of-a-kind pieces at a fraction of the cost of new furniture.
- Consider multifunctional pieces: Look for outdoor furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as a bench with built-in storage or a table that can be used for dining and entertaining. These multifunctional pieces can save you money by eliminating the need for separate pieces of furniture.
Remember, the key to finding affordable outdoor furniture is to shop around and be open to alternative materials and styles. With a little bit of research and patience, you should be able to find the perfect, cheap outdoor.
Check our outdoor sectional furniture catalogue for cheap outdoor furniture.
Reasons Why Majority of Outdoor Furniture Fail So Easily
There are a few reasons why outdoor furniture may not last as long as you'd like:
- Poor quality materials: Some outdoor furniture is made from cheap, low-quality materials prone to breaking or wearing out quickly. This can be especially true of furniture made from plastic or particleboard, which may not be as durable as other materials like wood or metal.
- Exposure to the elements: Outdoor furniture is exposed to the elements and can be damaged by extreme weather, UV radiation, and moisture. Furniture not made from weather-resistant materials or properly maintained may not last as long as furniture that is better protected.
- Lack of maintenance: Outdoor furniture requires regular maintenance to stay in good condition. If it is not cared for properly, it may not last as long as it should. For example, wood furniture may need to be sealed or treated periodically to protect it from moisture and UV radiation. Consider our Art Leon Swivel Outdoor Chair for its ease of maintenance.
- Improper Storage: If outdoor furniture is not stored properly when not in use, it may be damaged by the elements or pests. Be sure to store your furniture in a dry, covered location to protect it from the weather and keep it looking its best. Can Outdoor Furniture be Left Outside in the Winter?
Ultimately, outdoor furniture's lifespan will depend on the quality of the materials, the level of maintenance it
receives, and how well it is protected from the elements. By choosing high-quality furniture and taking good care of
it, you can help ensure that your outdoor furniture lasts for many seasons.
Our outdoor furniture catalogue has everything you need for your outdoor space.