Introducing a way to spice up your living room with a beige sofa - why not get an accent chair to accentuate the sofa without over-complicating the neutral backdrop?
Here are some pointers on how to find the ideal accent chair for your beige sofa
Consider the style of your room.
Assessing your living room's decor before investing in an accent chair is essential. For instance, a classic wingback chair or tufted armchair may add the perfect touch to a traditionally styled space featuring a beige sofa. Meanwhile, a contemporary living room might benefit from a sleek, minimalistic accent chair.
Think about the colour and pattern.
Once you have established the kind of accent chair you need, the next step is to pick the colour and pattern. For example, pick a shade of blue, green, or red if you are trying to introduce a vibrant hue to an already-existing beige sofa. Try a patterned accent chair if you would rather inject visual intrigue without too much colour. Potential patterns to choose from are:
- Geometric pattern: A geometric pattern in a neutral colour palette, such as black and white or grey and beige, can add visual interest without overwhelming the space.
- Floral or botanical pattern: A floral or botanical pattern in shades of beige, green, and cream can bring a touch of nature and texture to your room while still coordinating with your sofa.
- Striped pattern: A striped pattern in a neutral colour palette, such as black and white or navy and beige, can add a classic touch to your living room.
Choose the right shape and size.
The shape and size of your accent chair are important considerations, especially if you have a small living room. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Armchair vs. armless chair: To avoid cluttering the space, an armless chair is likely the best choice, but for a more traditional appearance, an armchair may be the right option.
- Swivel chair: A swivel accent chair may be the perfect choice to make the most of your living room, especially if you have a TV or fireplace that needs to be visible from multiple viewpoints.
- Size: When picking an accent chair for your living room, size is essential, particularly when the room is compact. Measure the room first; if it's spacious enough, you can go for a larger, more commanding accent chair.
Don't forget about comfort.
While style and design are important considerations when choosing an accent chair, don't forget about comfort. After all, you want your living room to be a place where you can relax and unwind.
Consider the material
When choosing an accent chair for your living room, its material can greatly alter the aesthetics. Below are some options to think about:
- Leather: Your living room can instantly be brought to the next level with a tasteful leather accent chair that requires little maintenance.
- Velvet: Incorporating a velvet accent chair into your home de? cor can offer opulence and comfort. There are a variety of colours and patterns to choose from.
- Linen: A linen accent chair can add a light and airy feel, and it's easy to clean.
- Microfiber: Perfect for households with kids or animals, a microfiber accent chair is an ideal selection due to its long-lasting, straightforward upkeep.
Mix and match styles
Adding a little extra oomph to your living room is easy with a mix of styles. Instead of a strictly traditional design, consider combining it with something more modern. An accent chair in an eye-catching hue or print can be just the thing to take your interior to the next level with a look that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Add some texture
Adding some texture to your living room can make it feel more cosy and inviting.
Related Reading: How to Choose Accent Chair Color?
Here are some ways to do this with your accent chair:
- Upholstery: Consider introducing an accent chair with a tactile material, such as a boucle or tweed upholstery.
- Pillows: Create a layered aesthetic by incorporating textured throw pillows into your accent chair.
- Blankets: Create a snug and inviting ambience in your living room by draping a comfortable blanket on the back of your accent chair.
Consider the legs
Different leg styles can create an entirely different look and atmosphere in the room. Here are some suggestions to get you started.:
- Wood legs: An accent chair with a wooden leg is an ideal way to bring an antique flair to your living space, available in various shades.
- Metal legs: Give your living space a contemporary edge with a metal-legged accent chair. Not only is it fashionable, but also sturdy and effortless to clean.
- Swivel base: If you want to bring a touch of amusement and practicality to your living room, then a swivel-based accent chair is a perfect choice - especially if you have a television or fireplace.
Don't forget about the ottoman.
An ottoman can be an ideal accompaniment to an accent chair if you desire to establish a pleasant and welcoming ambience. Choose an ottoman in a corresponding hue or design, or pick a subtle shade that will harmonize with your beige sofa.
Things to avoid when selecting a patterned accent chair to pair with a beige sofa
When selecting a patterned accent chair to complement a beige sofa, it is equally imperative to know what not to include. A few considerations to remember are:
Avoid clashing patterns
Mixing and matching patterns is an ideal choice to enliven your living room. Nevertheless, don't overdo it; ensure that the pattern you opt for harmonizes with the colour and design of your couch.
Don't forget about the scale
It's important to select an accent chair that works in harmony with the scale of your sofa. Too big or too small a chair will create an unbalanced look, so choose wisely.
Avoid overstuffing the room
While adding an accent chair to your living room can give it a more stylish look, ensure that it does not overwhelm the other pieces of furniture present in the room. A harmonious balance of furniture pieces is the key to a well-furnished living space.
Don't overlook comfort
Appearance matters when selecting an accent chair; however, comfort should also be considered. Don't opt for an eye-catching chair that turns out to be uncomfortable. Instead, try it out and select one that is both supportive and cosy.
Avoid choosing a chair that is difficult to clean
To ensure a stylish living room, select accent chairs with patterns that are also easy to clean. Avoid materials and patterns that require a great deal of effort for maintenance.
In conclusion, selecting the ideal patterned accent chair to coordinate with a beige sofa can be a stimulating and imaginative process. You can establish a balanced and trendy look by evaluating the hue, style, pattern, and proportion of the chair. In addition, you can sidestep typical blunders and form a welcoming and useful living room space by avoiding the factors to evade.
Whether you pick a swivel accent chair or a modern one, the trick is to find one that will enhance your sofa and match your own taste. Keeping all these points in mind, you can form a living room that is both pleasing to the eye and practical.